Star wars the old republic

Re: Star wars the old republic

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:23 pm

samonuh wrote:
-)G(-Mawk wrote:Star Wars galaxies was supposed to be amazing, legendary, blah blah blah too. It never turned out to be.

Dude, shut up. Don't comment about SWTOR and how awesome it's going to be unless you've actually taken the time to watch all of the videos/trailers/developer's blogs/demos of SWTOR and have been actively involved on the forums discussing the game with thousands of other eager fans...

I know I sound like a nerd saying that, but I don't give a [poo]. I've spent 2 years waiting for this game, and it pisses me off seeing these BS comments...

Lol, I have taken the time, minus the forums (which incidentally only helps you get beta). We are all nerds here, talking on a forum for a clan based on a star wars game.

I'm just advising not to get your hopes up and judge the game until you play it yourself. I've been there before, it didn't end well

If you have beta tested it and think it's awesome, great, hope it is :)
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby samonuh » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:29 pm

-)G(-Mawk wrote:
samonuh wrote:
-)G(-Mawk wrote:Star Wars galaxies was supposed to be amazing, legendary, blah blah blah too. It never turned out to be.

Dude, shut up. Don't comment about SWTOR and how awesome it's going to be unless you've actually taken the time to watch all of the videos/trailers/developer's blogs/demos of SWTOR and have been actively involved on the forums discussing the game with thousands of other eager fans...

I know I sound like a nerd saying that, but I don't give a [poo]. I've spent 2 years waiting for this game, and it pisses me off seeing these BS comments...

Lol, I have taken the time, minus the forums (which incidentally only helps you get beta). We are all nerds here, talking on a forum for a clan based on a star wars game.

I'm just advising not to get your hopes up and judge the game until you play it yourself. I've been there before, it didn't end well

If you have beta tested it and think it's awesome, great, hope it is :)

Sorry, just having a bad week.
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 am

-)G(-Mawk wrote:If you have beta tested it and think it's awesome, great, hope it is :)

Speaking of this, the beta I was supposed to take part in last August was canceled, and the replacement opportunity they promised hasn't been mentioned again. Ah well, at least if they ever get around to it I'll be playing a more polished game...
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:46 pm

The thing I dislike about "big companies" and beta testing, is that they rarely listen to the testers, but once the game is released they will listen to the whiners (because they are paying customers).
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby [m'kay] » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:03 am

samonuh wrote:

:mrt3:

Settle down bro
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:32 pm

-)G(-Mawk wrote:The thing I dislike about "big companies" and beta testing, is that they rarely listen to the testers, but once the game is released they will listen to the whiners (because they are paying customers).

hmm.

This depends Beta-testers are well payed at least the profesional ones.

I dont believe companies are gonna pay beta-testers and do nothing whith the information and then later recieve complaints from the custumers.

If games like SW get too much unhappy costumors they will lose tons of em.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Darth Crater » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:31 pm

No, QA testers are people who are paid, and usually in-house. Beta testers are community members who get to play the unfinished game for free. Otherwise the beta testers generally have the better of it, since they can't be, say, ordered to play the same level 50 times in a row.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:50 am

Lol was gonna say wanna bet, but Crater said it all.

I was in beta from week 1 with Star Wars Galaxies, and no, the devs did NOT listen to us. Then once they did have paying customers they listened to them when they whined.

Hopefully this won't happen with TOR.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:12 am

I hear SWBF3 is coming out soon...
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby samonuh » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:00 pm

haasd0gg wrote:I hear SWBF3 is coming out soon...

:drse:
SAMONUH
samonuh
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to SWTOR (The Old Republic)