No Pull Server?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: No Pull Server?

Postby Jango_Fred » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:29 am

You and 75% of the other players
Corpse wrote:no.....radar?

lol spamming the "Q" button and swivelling my radar non stop is the only reason I do ok:P
Its not class or ideology, color, creed or roots, the only thing that unites us is Dr Marten's BOOTS!
Jango_Fred
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Matt-Chicago » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:33 am

KOko wrote:I can only propose to our Admins on HA to pay more attention for pull KSers. Switching them to vills usualy works great. :evil:
Also, if the things are goin out of control and due to multiple pullers many vilains leave, then switching most active pullers will ballance the sides :twisted:
In other words - maintaining the enjoyable gaming experience for most players can be achieved sacrificing someones affinity to cheap tactics.[/i]

I agree with all this, just be sure we're not switching players because they're doing well. Noobing is allowed, just not kill stealing, and evening the teams can be necessary for everyone's enjoyment.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby JROD » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:17 am

Matt-Chicago wrote:
KOko wrote:I can only propose to our Admins on HA to pay more attention for pull KSers. Switching them to vills usualy works great. :evil:
Also, if the things are goin out of control and due to multiple pullers many vilains leave, then switching most active pullers will ballance the sides :twisted:
In other words - maintaining the enjoyable gaming experience for most players can be achieved sacrificing someones affinity to cheap tactics.[/i]

I agree with all this, just be sure we're not switching players because they're doing well. Noobing is allowed, just not kill stealing, and evening the teams can be necessary for everyone's enjoyment.

That is an excellent idea. I've always known it could be done in remote manager but have never seen it done on SWGO servers. This really would keep players on the server, rather than have people get angry and leave whenever there are 17 heroes and 3 villains. Also, I have found that most of the time, when i get ksed, it is either due to a team push or simply me pushing from far away and someone else stealing the kill before I get there (with saber only). It is only from pull a fraction of the time, and most of the time pullers are alright with laying off the kill stealing a little bit when asked to do so.
JROD
Community Member

Xfire: wgojrod

Postby Darth Crater » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:16 am

This brings with it a lot of questions. For example, if someone is resoundingly beating me (let's say TheAfroSamurai for this example) and causing the occasional ks, do I switch him first because he's annoying me? Do I avoid switching him, in case it's perceived as such?
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby KOko » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:17 am

Afro is owning you ? man... you mean in 1v1 fight? or runing away and then comming back from the back? :P

Back to your question - it's about admin judgement. No1 can tell you when to do what Admin should do. Your judgement makes you good or bad Admin.
I'm sure most of you will be able to make difference between ocational and excessive KS.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:57 am

A single puller is not the problem. It's when the entire hero side is pulling. It's frustrating as a villain and frustrating as a hero. I'm fortunate that I have the authority to handle the kser's but I'm not always on either. Also on regular HA the inactive villains (career pullers) screw up the balance of the game. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing more satisfying than emp stomping a puller halfway across the map, but sometimes you just need a break from being a tennis ball. I know when I'm on HA and the pulling is excessive and I announce that I'm going to the No Pull server, almost all the "good" players follow, so it's not just me "whining". And yes, I get a lot of enjoyment from the pullers getting the crap kicked out of them when their precious pull is gone.
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby KOko » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:30 pm

I think I know what you mean MD, and still it's good Matt supported the idea to swap most active pullers on HA when there is excessive pulling
that leads to disbalancing the sides (vilains leaving the server or being inactive) or excessive KSing.
Of course this is the last option and good judgement on the situation is needed.

On all other situations sneaky vilains with some sense about teamplay may still win.

With all this said, a good planing on the servers needed and the cost of our box vs. number of servers box can host should be kept in mind.
If the price per server is more than 30 USD... I think we should look for better deal.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby Matt-Chicago » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Be sure to give a player at least one warning for KS before switching their team for that.

Also, admins should rarely take actions which could be perceived as unfair because they're getting killed or whatever. So if you're the one taking the brunt of a puller and teams are uneven, I'd recommend switching someone else. I just strongly want to avoid players thinking admins are changing their team because the admin is getting killed too much.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby Bailey » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:14 am

sigh I would really like to get this back. I don't mind pullers to an extent, but tonight I was on HA and there were literally 3 pullers sking every villain spawn point. 1 or 2 pullers in a fight I can handle, but when there are gangs of pullers ping ponging you all over the map it just gets ridiculous. It was so bad that all of the non-pullers were leaving on both teams. I would definitely vote to bring this server back.
Bailey
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Bailey1020

Postby Corpse » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:23 pm

^^ try that with my lag Bailey lol

I'm happy with being pulled, It just means I need to practice my ninja skillz....

only if I'm in the mood, i understand that just wanting to PLAY NORMALLY but getting pulled everywhere like a little hollow ball is irritating....
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II